Your brand is not just a logo, but an entire experience that affects whether or not customers will remember you and decide to do business with you. It should permeate everything you do –websites, magazine and newspaper ads, billboards, sales promotions –and your signs.
Surveys, have found and measured the importance of signage and its impact on consumers as they decide whether to visit your place of business, make a purchase and more, and another by the Economic Center, University of Cincinnati, measured the impact on business owners in different industries.
The surveys found that:
- Nearly 76% of consumers (8 in 10) said they had entered a store or business they had never visited before based simply on its signs.
- Nearly 75% indicated that they had told others about a business simply based on its signage.
- About 68% of consumers believe that a business’ signage reflects the quality of its products or services.
- About 67% of the consumers surveyed said they had purchased a product or service because a sign caught their eye.
- Nearly 60% of consumers said that the absence of signs deters them from entering a store or business.
- Roughly 60% of businesses reported that changing the design or enhancing the visibility of their signage had a positive impact on sales, number of transactions and profits, with an average increase of about 10%.
- Over 50% of survey respondents indicated that poor signage (e.g., poor quality, misspelled words) deters them from entering a place of business.
- 38% of large companies with multiple locations identified branding/image as the most important purpose of effective signage, while small firms and single establishments perceived signs to be most important for making their business stand out and for helping customers find their location.
- Legibility was chosen by both consumers and businesses as the most important characteristic of signs.
So as you can see that having the perfect sign to catch the attention of your customers is very important. Companies need to think about the placement, type of signage, colors, illuminated, digital to determine the look and feel of their business. At American Signs we are here to help your business stand out and to help you beat out the competition when it comes to customers being able to see you and catch their attention!
Contact us today to get your sign created for your business!